The AutoAmbulator is a sophisticated treadmill featuring a body weight supported ambulation designed to help patients safely relearn natural walking patterns.
The AutoAmbulator’s innovative technology
Designed with many safety features, the AutoAmbulator safely places the patient in a standing position while robotics assist the patient’s legs to walk on a treadmill. Sensors continuously monitor walking patterns, changing power and speed according to the patient’s movement ability.
- Robotic legs generate the power needed to safely simulate normal walking patterns
- Therapists can safely adjust the amount of weight bearing to each patient’s tolerance
- Walking speed can be varied to patient’s ability and gradually increased to reproduce walking patterns that reflect normal walking
- To minimize injury risks, sensors automatically shut down the machine when an adverse event occurs, such as a severe spasm or if the patient’s foot does not strike the treadmill properly
Who can benefit from treatment with the AutoAmbulator?
Whether an individual has been recently injured or unable to walk for years, the AutoAmbulator can improve function.
The AutoAmbulator has improved abilities for patients with:
- Neurological conditions
- Spinal cord injury - complete and incomplete
- Traumatic brain injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Other neurological conditions that result in changes in mobility
- Orthopedic conditions that result in changes in mobility
- Changes in mobility or independence from deconditioning or lengthy illness
See Our Hospital
Join us for a virtual tour of our hospital where you will see our patient rooms, exercise facilities, and more. You can also set up a personal tour by calling our hospital.
The compassionate and positive staff is making his stay a positive experience as well as contributing to his recoveryPatsy L. Gruenenfelder
Get in Touch with Us
Contact us to learn more about our rehabilitation programs or to set up a tour at our hospital.